Monday, March 02
* Weapon Charges Top Troup Plea Agreements – Weapon charges topped the list of guilty pleas in the Troup County Court Non-Jury Criminal Session on Tuesday.
* Troup County Welcomes New 4-H Agent – The local 4-H program is now under new leadership.
* Police Bust Suspected Drug Dealer In Lee’s Crossing Area – LaGrange Police have arrested a local man on drug charges after he was caught with numerous containers of illegal narcotics believed to be packaged for illegal narcotics distribution.
* Police Investigating Possible Incidents Of Animal Cruelty – Police and Marshals have seized three dogs after responding to a suspected incident of Cruelty to Animals.
* LaGrange Academy’s 8th Grade History Class Learn About The US Westward Expansion With Board Games – At LaGrange Academy, Mr. Lybrand's 8th Grade U.S. History class learned about the United States’ westward expansion through Manifest Destiny.
* County Asked To Approve CHIP Grant Contractors – The Troup County Board of Commissioners is expected to approve two resolutions tomorrow that will pave the way for separate contractors to complete specific work under a $200,000 Community Home Investment Program (CHIP) Grant from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
* LAMOM To Host Its Spring Consignment Sale March 14, 2015 – LAGRANGE, GA. The LaGrange Area Moms of Multiples Organization is holding its Spring Consignment Sale March 14, 2015 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Faith Baptist Church on Hammett Road in LaGrange.
* Local Benefit For Kidney Transplant Recipient – A barbeque fundraiser, catered by Sloppy Pig, is being conducted this weekend to benefit a local human service executive in need of a kidney transplant.
* Yearly Eye Exams Can Reveal More Than Just Vision Trouble – More evidence points to the importance of routine eye exams, not only to pinpoint potential conditions of the eye, but also to serve as windows to diseases that affect the entire body.
* Shaye Butler And Nick Mitchell Selected To USA South All-Conference Second Team – Senior Shaye Butler was named to the women's basketball USA South All-Conference team as announced by the league office Tuesday.
* Grangers Fall In State Quarter-Finals – The LaGrange Grangers boys basketball team was hoping to do what their cross-county rivals couldn’t – advance to the Final Four of the GHSA State Basketball Tournament.
* Please check out the full stories in the 03-02-2015 issue