Friday, December 06
* School Sex Case Comes To Close – A witness in Troup Superior Court described how she came to have sex with a teacher's assistant in his office at LaGrange High School when she was a 16-year-old student at the school.
* Christmas On The Hill Celebrates Love, Life, And Children – Everywhere you chose to look you found smiling children.
* Twin Cedars Looks To Curb Teenage Drinking – The Troup County Prevention Coalition and Twin Cedars Youth and Family Services held their Fall Kickoff Breakfast Wednesday morning.
* Man Shot At In His Own Home, Later Finds Bullet On His Bed – LaGrange Police are investigating an incident where a gunshot was fired into a home. Fortunately, the victim was not injured during assault, but he did later find a sobering reminder of just how lucky he was.
* LSO Welcomes Choral Society for “Celebrating Christmas” - The LaGrange Symphony Orchestra continues its 2013-2014 concert series with “Celebrating Christmas” at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 10th in Callaway Auditorium.
* October Student of the Month for Callaway Middle School – Each month Callaway Middle School recognizes two students from each team for the “Student of the Month”.
* Annual Book Sale at LaGrange Memorial Library – Mysteries, thrillers, and suspense novels highlight the Annual Book Sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at LaGrange Memorial Library at 115 Alford Street.
* HoliDaze at Oakhurst Farm – Santa Clause is coming to Oakhurst Farms!
* December’s Career Connect Scheduled For Thursday – Career Connect, Troup County’s free job networking service, is happy to announce the December program.
* Callaway Shoots For The Stars Tonight In Buford – When the Callaway Cavaliers take the field tonight in Buford in the Triple-A state semifinals, they will be facing a program that is in the midst of an historic run.
* Lady Tigers Win Season Opener; Tigers, Grangers, Lady Grangers Lose – The Troup Lady Tigers were the only one of four local teams competing Tuesday night to win in high school basketball action.
* Callaway, LaGrange, Troup To Compete In Different Classes Beginning In Fall Of 2014 – Callaway, LaGrange, and Troup’s regions will take on decidedly new looks for the next two school terms beginning in the fall of 2014.
Please check out the full stories in the 12-06-2013 issue