Monday, November 24
* 15-Year-Old With Gun Causes Lockdown At LaGrange High – LaGrange Police have charged a 15-year-old LaGrange High School student with multiple weapons charges after he was found in possession of a handgun at the school.
* Sharp Turn Claims Another Truck – A sharp turn and a shifting load have once again caused an overturned tractor trailer impeding Friday morning traffic.
* “Blues And Barbeque” Benefits Emmaus Women’s Shelter – Local homeless women and their children will continue receiving shelter, counseling, life-skills development and other services provided through Emmaus Women’s Shelter, thanks to the generosity of those who participated in the annual Blues and Barbeque fundraising event Thursday night at Del’avant in LaGrange.
* Hogansville To Seek Emergency Funds For Gas Line Replacement – A recent gas leak in Hogansville has revealed that a portion of the city’s natural gas lines, once thought to have all been converted to plastic, is still metal and will need to be replaced.
* Teachers Of The Year Honored – The Troup County School Board honored the individual school Teachers of the Year during their regular meeting Thursday.
* Proclamation For Sally Bethea Of Chattahoochee Riverkeeper – A proclamation for Sally Bethea of Chattahoochee Riverkeeper was presented by Troup Chairman Ricky Wolfe and LaGrange Mayor Jim Thornton.
* “Up All Night” Seeks Donations For Dinners – Volunteers and donations are being sought for the “Up All Night” Annual Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners.
* 2014 MGEV Class Tour University Of Georgia Griffin Campus – The Troup County Master Gardeners recently toured the University of Georgia’s Griffin campus.
* Callaway’s Quest For A State Title Ends At Washington County – The Callaway Cavaliers’ hopes of advancing in the state playoffs faded away Friday night with a 31 – 7 loss to the Washington County Golden Hawks in Sandersville.
* Strong Second Half Sends Emory Past Panthers 65-39 – Emory used a strong second half to beat LaGrange 65-39 on Saturday night in Mariotti Gym in the season opener for both teams.
* Please check out the full stories in the 11-24-2014 issue