Wednesday, September 17
* Escaped Convict Apprehended, Search For Missing K9 Continues – Authorities have located and apprehended an escaped convict who brought on a manhunt in north Troup County, Monday afternoon.
* Man Sentenced For Armed Robbery – A man who robbed a Summit convenience store on Hogansville Road was sentenced to 15 years in prison and five years probation.
* Teen Accused Of Attempting To Run Over Crowd With Truck – LaGrange Police have arrested an 18-year-old man who is accused of attempting to strike two individuals after a dispute near LaGrange College.
* Troup County Retired Educators Plans For Productive Year – Troup County Retired Educators Association has plans in place for a very productive 2014/2015 year.
* County Commissioners Honor Accomplishments Of Local Student – The Troup County Board of Commissioners issued a proclamation Tuesday during their regular meeting which recognized the outstanding accomplishments of a Troup High School senior.
* School Board Expected To Approve Asbestos Removal Contract – The Troup County Board of Education is expected to address several action items during their regular monthly meeting Thursday evening.
* Troup Transformation, Word Of Grace, And Church Of The King Are Hosting A Conference With Dr. Venessa Battle – Dr. Venessa Battle is the Pastor of New Gate International Church in Duluth.
* Dollar General Literacy Foundation Awards Grant To Local Literacy Program – Funds provide support for youth literacy program in LaGrange – Goodlettsville, Tenn. – September 15, 2014— This week, The Dollar General Literacy Foundation awarded the Boys & Girls Clubs of West Georgia in LaGrange a youth literacy grant in the amount of $3,000 to support their Rockstar Readers Program.
* Mountville Elementary Students Learn About The Life Cycles Of Animals – Students in Mrs. Weems and Mrs. White's classes at Mountville Elementary School just finished a unit on the life cycles of animals.
* Local Teams On The Road This Week – Local high school football teams will be on the road this week, starting with a game tomorrow night.
* Panthers Football Team Is 2-0 After Turning Back Berry 28-27 In Double Overtime – LaGrange worked extra for the second straight week, turning back Berry 28-27 in double overtime Saturday night at Callaway Stadium.
* Panthers Volleyball Team Goes Unbeaten At Selma Classic With Three Straight Wins – SELMA, Ala. – The LaGrange volleyball team swept three matches at the Selma Classic hosted by Concordia College. The three wins capped a 4-1 week for the Panthers, now 5-8 overall.
* Please check out the full stories in the 09-17-2014 issue