Friday, April 18
* An Evening To Reflect On Larry Garner, Jr. – Larry Garner, Jr. was a much loved man. Love is not counted by the wealth or importance of those who wish to pay their respects, but by the strength in numbers of people who knew Larry Jr., and now want to show that love back to his family.
* Sleeping Man Shot In Residence On Carver Street – LaGrange Police are investigating an incident where multiple houses were shot at on Carver Street and one man was shot in the face while sleeping.
* Hogansville Easter Egg Hunt Fun For All – The Fourth Annual Hogansville Police Department Easter Egg Hunt was held Saturday morning much to the amusement of dozens of children and parents alike.
* Relay for Life 2014 Grand Marshall Announced – Last Saturday the Grand Marshall for the 2014 Relay for Life was announced and the winner is…. Ruth Garner! Ruth is an 11 year cancer survivor that works very hard to support the search for a cure.
* Students In The LaGrange High Service Club Recognized At Annual Banquet – The LaGrange High School Service Club held their annual year end banquet on April 11th. Many students were recognized and awards were given.
* Point University Continues Partnership With Kimble’s Food By Design – WEST POINT, Ga. –Point University announced that it will continue its partnership with Kimble's Food by Design of LaGrange, Ga., through the 2015-16 academic year.
* LaGrange Symphony Announces Winners Of 2014 SCALA Competition – The Board of Directors of the LaGrange Symphony Orchestra has announced the winners of the annual SCALA Competition held recently at Callaway Auditorium on the campus of LaGrange College in LaGrange, Georgia.
* Huge Amount Of Stolen Property Recovered From Self Admitted Career Criminal – Troup County Sheriff’s Investigators along with authorities from Harris County, Muscogee County, and Lanett Police have recovered a huge amount of property stolen from residences throughout the area.
* West Point Approves Library Contracts, Accepts Land And Monetary Donations – During the April City Council Meeting, the City of West Point voted to approve contracts for library services with the Hawkes Library and the Bradshaw Library.
* Panthers Drop Non-Conference Game To Oglethorpe – Visiting Oglethorpe scored three runs in the top of the sixth inning Wednesday at Cleveland Field at Williamson Stadium and went on to beat the LaGrange Panthers, 4-2, in a non-conference game.
* LaGrange High Basketball Players Awarded Metals – Four LaGrange High Basketball Players were recently awarded their medals due to their selection to the Region 5-AAAA All-Region Basketball Teams. Pictured are Freshman Laperion Perry, Junior Andrea Heflin, Sophomore Erica Daniel, and Sophomore Derieko Smith.
* Troup High School Announces Basketball Selections For Region 5-AAAA – Troup High School proudly announces basketball selections for Region 5-AAAA.
* Panther Ladies Take Two From Visiting Agnes Scott – The LaGrange College softball Panthers rallied for two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning in the second game of their doubleheader at home Wednesday to beat Agnes Scott, 8-7, and sweep their non-conference twinbill.
* Granger Boys Finish Perfect Region Soccer Slate – LaGrange and Troup closed out their Region 5-AAAA soccer schedules with a face-to-face matchup at Callaway Stadium last week.
* Tigers Topple Region-Leading Columbus In ‘Payback’ Win – The Troup Tigers avenged an earlier tough loss to Columbus with their 4-1 win over the Blue Devils at home on Tuesday.
* Please check out the full stories in the 04-18-2014 issue