Friday, December 19
* Alleged Burglars Caught Red Handed – Troup County Sheriff’s Deputies have arrested two suspects from a burglary, where they were allegedly caught in the act.
* Local Man Shot During Armed Robbery – LaGrange Police are investigating an early morning incident that began as a Robbery by Force, but turned into an Armed Robbery after the suspect pulled a gun when the victim began to resist.
* School System Plans Sale Of West Side To LaGrange College – The former West Side Magnet School may soon have a new owner.
* Food And Volunteers Needed For Christmas Dinner – Donations of canned vegetables and frozen turkeys are being sought for the annual “Up All Night” Christmas Dinner for the less fortunate, scheduled to be served and delivered on Christmas Day.
* LaGrange Police Department Receives State Recertification – On the heels of receiving a fifth consecutive national accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, the LaGrange Police Department has been given the same distinction on the State level.
* Toy Collection For Needy Children – Sister to Sister Lighthouse Ministry of LaGrange will be collecting toys tomorrow for the needy and less fortunate children of our community.
* LaGrange Symphony Orchestra Continues Educational Outreach – More than 1,250 students recently had the opportunity to participate in or attend live musical experiences provided by the LaGrange Symphony Orchestra through three of the symphony’s educational outreach initiatives.
* Here Comes Santa Claus Right Down Jefferson (Street) Lane – Bring your family and friends to the Market on Jefferson on Tuesday-December 23rd from 5pm to 7pm.
* Sheriff Congratulates Newest Deputy Sheriff – Sheriff Woodruff congratulates our newest Deputy Sheriff.
* County Employees Receive Service Awards – A total of 18 Troup County employees received service awards during Tuesday’s meeting of the county commission, ranging from five to twenty-five years.
* Christmas Tidbits To Put You In The Holiday Spirit – The holiday season has arrived, and millions of people across the globe will be celebrating Christmas with their families and friends.
* The Many Ways To Recycle Christmas Greeting – The Greeting Card Association says Americans purchase some 6.5 billion greeting cards every year.
* Rivalry In Reverse – LaGrange Vs. Callaway – For the second time in four days, the LaGrange Grangers and Callaway Cavaliers battled each other on the basketball court.
* Point Falls On The Road To Albany State Then Win Overtime Thriller Against Kentucky Christian Academy – ALBANY, Ga. – Point (0-15) battled fiercely Friday night against the Albany State University Golden Rams (4-3), but ultimately took the loss 76-74.
* Please check out the full stories in the 12-19-2014 issue