Monday, March 10
* Tampering Defendant Gets Prison Time – A LaGrange man pled guilty to impeding the investigation of a fatal car accident last April 13th on Mooty Bridge Road.
* Optimist Announces Oratorical Contest Winners – Troup County middle and high school students participated in the annual Optimist International Oratorical Contest at the Griggs Recreation Center.
* Man Caught With Fraudulent Check, Blames “Chico” And “Uncle Sam” – LaGrange Police have arrested a Florida man after he allegedly attempted to pass a fraudulent check.
* Scheming Inmate Goes Back To Jail – A man who damaged cell doors at the Troup County Jail received six years in prison and six years probation.
* LaGrange Art Museum: 3rd Annual “Art N’ Bloom” Fundraiser Features Fine Art and Fresh Flowers – The LaGrange Art Museum will once again usher in spring with Art N’ Bloom, a benefit luncheon that combines fresh floral arrangements and the fine art that inspired the arrangements.
* West Point Considers Forward Fund Policies – Thursday morning, during the first March City Council Work Session, City Manager Ed Moon and City Planner Chris Cole outlined proposed policies for the city’s new Forward Fund Loan and Grant Program.
* LAMOM To Host Its Fall Consignment Sale Saturday, March 15, 2013 – The LaGrange Area Moms of Multiples Organization is holding its Fall Consignment Sale March 15, 2014 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Faith Baptist Church on Hammett Road in LaGrange.
* Sheriff’s Deputies Looking For Burglary Suspect – Troup County Sheriff’s Investigators are requesting the public’s assistance in locating a wanted person.
* Panthers Fall In National Tournament Opener – Centre College outscored LaGrange College 10-2 over the final two and half minutes of their NCAA Division III first round tournament game Thursday night in Danville, Kentucky and ended the Panthers’ season with a 78-71 win.
* Evans Named Head Men’s Soccer Coach – Matthew Evans has been named new head men’s soccer coach at LaGrange College, according to Athletic Director Jennifer Claybrook.
* Jamie Thomas Named As Panthers' New Head Coach - Jamie Thomas has been named new head volleyball coach at LaGrange College, according to Athletic Director Jennifer Claybrook.
* Callaway Opens Region Baseball Schedule This Week – Troup County’s high school baseball teams have a full slate of games this week.
* Please check out the full stories in the 03-10-2014 issue