Friday, October 24
* Local Man Fights Off Home Invaders – A LaGrange man is facing felony charges after he allegedly burglarized an occupied home and then fought the victim, who caught him in the act and forced him to leave.
* Annual Trick Or Treat Around The Square And Chili Cook Off This Weekend – The 24th Annual Chili Cook Off will highlight the weekend in Downtown LaGrange on Saturday, October 25. The event begins at 11 and ends at 2.
* Was It A Handgun Or Barbecue Tongs? – A West Point man accused of pointing a gun at a process server was sentenced Wednesday in Troup Superior Court.
* Alford And Crews Vie For County Commission Chairman – Editor’s note: On October 20, the LaGrange-Troup County Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Democratic and Republican parties of Troup County, sponsored a final political forum featuring candidates for state and local offices in the November 4 General Election.
* LaGrange High School Homecoming Court – LaGrange High School celebrated Homecoming this week with many long-standing traditions.
* America’s Mattress Opens New Location – America’s Mattress officially opened its new location Wednesday morning in Lafayette Centre at 1300 Lafayette Parkway.
* College To Offer Computer Skills Courses – LaGrange College is offering a series of Saturday classes designed to help participants build their computer skills. The courses begin October 25.
* Sheriff’s Office Announces Promotions – The Troup County Sheriff’s Office is proud to announce the promotion of three patrol deputies, who have recently been promoted to Investigators.
* LaGrange Police Investigating Shooting – LaGrange Police are investigating an incident where a local man was shot in broad daylight.
* Last Chance To Vote In Scarecrow Contest – Today is your final opportunity to vote in the Fifth Annual Scarecrow Contest, sponsored by the Downtown LaGrange Development Authority.
* Market On Jefferson OPENS! – Cooler weather and shorter days typically prevent local farmers from selling their fresh vegetables at the Market on Main outdoor location.
* Randy Howell To Speak In LaGrange – Limited tickets are available to hear the 2014 Bassmaster Classic Champ – On Saturday, October 25, the 2014 Bassmaster Classic Champion Randy Howell, of Springville, AL will be speaking at First Baptist Church on the Square in LaGrange.
* Final Week Of Flag Football – The final flag football games of the regular season will be played this Saturday at Granger Park, beginning at 10 a.m.
* Semi-Pro Football Benefit For Breast Cancer Awareness – The West Georgia Eagles, based in LaGrange, and the Gwinnett Patriots will face each other in a semi-pro football game this Saturday at Granger Park, beginning at 4 p.m.
* Please check out the full stories in the 10-24-2014 issue