• April 4th: Lunch and Learn Series! Join the Troup County Master Gardeners on a Free Horicultural Adventure on April 4 with Gardening to Attract Hummingbirds. Every first Tuesday of every month. Bring your own lunch, 12 – 1 pm at the LaGrange Memorial Library, 115 Alford Street, LaGrange. For more information call 706-882-7784.
• April 6th: Thursday Lunch Club will be held on Thursday, April 6th at noon at the First United Methodist Church, 401 Broad Street, in the fellowship hall. Randy and Sherri Miller, straight from Nashville, Tennessee, will be the guest. For reservations for the meal and program call or email the church at 706-884-4635 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is $6 per person and all are welcome.
• April 9th: Broad Street Waling Tour will be held on April 9 at 2PM. More information and reservations can be obtained by calling (706) 884-1828 or emailing info@ trouparchives.org
• April 17th: The WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board of Trustees meets routinely on the third Monday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board Room.
• April 21st: Relay for Life is scheduled for Friday, April 21st at 6 pm until Midnight at Chris Joseph Track on Fort Drive (off Whitesville Road). The Survivor Ceremony and Lap is at 6:30 pm. Entertainment will be on stage throughout the night. Luminary Ceremony will be at 10 pm.
• April 22nd: 2017 Kiddie Fishing Rodeo will be held on Saturday, April 22 from 10 am to 2 pm at the Troup County Sportsman’s Club, 5446 Roanoke Road, LaGrange (first building on the right west of Lake West Poine). All kids must by accompanied by an adult at all times and all participants must register at Judge’s Table. All Prizes and lunch will be donated by TCSC members and local merchants. Bring your own fishing gear and bait. There will be four age categories: Ages 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12. Prizes in all four categories for biggest fish caught and one grand prize for the most bream caught.
• April 22nd: Troup County Master Gardener Plant Sale will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 8:00am-4:00pm at the Troup County Agricultural Center, 21 Vulcan Materials Drive, LaGrange, GA 30241. Refresh the garden and landscape. Select from master gardener grown annuals, perennials, shrubs, fruits, and vegetables-all reasonably priced! Browse our rare and unusual plants, 2017 new introductions and unique gifts. Master gardeners will be available to offer expert advice and suggestions. Admission and parking- FREE!
• April 29th: Break Every Chain Recovery Revival and Stepping in Faith Freedom March will be held on Saturday, April 29 from 11:30 am – 2 pm in Downtown LaGrange, Lafayette Square.If you would like to march in the Stepping in Faith Freedom March please meet at LaGrange High School at 10:30 am. Lunch, T-shirts, testimonies, and freedom march. Performances will be by Team Agape, Seth Harden, and Second Chance. Worship will be by 808 Ministries. This event is free and the guest speaker will be Sheriff James Woodruff. For more information contact, Kelly Camp at 706-416-6205, Michael Moat at 706-616-0461, or Wanda Walker at 706-402-5634.
• May 2nd: Lunch and Learn Series! Join the Troup County Master Gardeners on a Free Horicultural Adventure on May 2 with Container Gardens. Every first Tuesday of every month. Bring your own lunch, 12 – 1 pm at the LaGrange Memorial Library, 115 Alford Street, LaGrange. For more information call 706-882-7784.