• Now – May 8th: Main Street from East Depot Street to Frank Tigner Street will be closed to through traffic beginning Monday, April 24, 2017 for approximately two (2) weeks. A detour route will be available and posted with signage to help avoid the work zone area. Questions concerning this work may be directed to David E. Brown, Director of Public Services at 883-2010 or Chris Prather, Street Manager at 883-2100.
• April 25th: Donkey Basketball will be held on Tuesday, April 25th at 7:00 pm at Troup High School on Hamilton Road in LaGrange. Sponsored by Troup Alumni Association. Managers and Team Members are Shane Frailey, Troup County Tax Commissioner and Troup High School Principal Dennis “Chip” Medders. Advance tickets are students $6 and adults $8. At the door is $10. Tickets available at Troup High, LaGrange Toyota, the Mill Store, and United Rentals.
• April 27th: Men’s Luncheon on Thursday, April 27 at noon in the New Life Building of First Baptist Church on the Square Speaker: Jeff Brown, 3rd Congressional District Representative to the Board of Georgia Department of Community Affairs Cost is $7. Please make your reservation by calling 706.884.5631 by Monday, April 24.
• April 29th: Break Every Chain Recovery Revival and Stepping in Faith Freedom March will be held on Saturday, April 29 from 11:30 am – 2 pm in Downtown LaGrange, Lafayette Square.If you would like to march in the Stepping in Faith Freedom March please meet at LaGrange High School at 10:30 am. Lunch, T-shirts, testimonies, and freedom march. Performances will be by Team Agape, Seth Harden, and Second Chance. Worship will be by 808 Ministries. This event is free and the guest speaker will be Sheriff James Woodruff. For more information contact, Kelly Camp at 706-416-6205, Michael Moat at 706-616-0461, or Wanda Walker at 706-402-5634.
• April 29th: From Within & Women Of All Generations presents a Musical Benefit program for Kamdyn “Baby Kam” Mcfee on Saturday, April 29th at 4 pm at Confidence Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Colquitt Street, LaGrange, GA 30241. Pastor Michael Jackson. For more information, call Brandon Hanner at 706-333-2913 or Pamela Dowell at 706-518-8275.
• May 1st: Summer Reading Program Registration Begins! Registration for our Summer Reading Program begins May 1st. You can stop by your library and register or do it online, then pick up a reading log next time you are at the library. Watch for more information about the the special guests we will be having every Wednesday this summer. We kick off the summer with Minds Under Construction presented by Carol Cain on June 7 – 10:30 am at Harris County Library; 1:30 pm at LaGrange Memorial Library; and 3:30 pm at Hogansville Public Library.
• May 2nd: Lunch and Learn Series! Join the Troup County Master Gardeners on a Free Horicultural Adventure on May 2 with Container Gardens. Every first Tuesday of every month. Bring your own lunch, 12 – 1 pm at the LaGrange Memorial Library, 115 Alford Street, LaGrange. For more information call 706-882-7784.