• February 3, 10:30 AM: Ringling Brothers Circus Clown Visit. Rob Ringling, the Ambassador of Laughter for the Ringling Brothers Circus, is coming to the LaGrange Memorial Library to share his love of reading and laughter with our story time families. This program is open to all ages, so please come be a part of it. LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange. Admission is free, www.thrl.org.
• Now – February 6, 2016: Mirror Mirror. In partnership with Hills & Dales and the Legacy Museum, this exhibit will link the Museum as a community participant in the year-long celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the Callaway family home. Featuring portraiture-mirroring-portraiture, this unique exhibit will compare photographs with paintings, taking a look at portraiture across centuries and cultures and will include some of Troup County’s best known citizens as well as some of its unsung. The upper floor of the Museum will feature a retrospective of Signe Gruschovenko’s contemporary twist on portraiture. www.lagrangeartmuseum. org
• February 8th at 7 pm at Landmark’s Midtown Art Cinema:
Love Thy Nature- Narrated by Liam Neeson, Love Thy Nature is a journey into the beauty and intimacy of our relationship with the natural world. Contact Travis at email@example.com if you wish to carpool/caravan from LaGrange. https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=4Ct8Agz08Bg
• February 8, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: LaGrange Academy Open House. Come join us for an evening of education and fun at La-Grange Academy Open House. Faculty, staff and administration will be available to answer questions about our wonderful school. Also, you will have the pleasure of seeing some of our elementary students present science demonstrations. Please stop by to check out what LaGrange Academy has to offer! www.lagrangeacademy. org
• Now – February 11th: Tickets are on sale now for New Horizon Theatre’s production of “No Body Like Jimmy”. This slapstick, comedic show runs February 11th – 13th at 8pm ET with a Saturday matinee at 2pm ET. Visit www.nhct.org to purchase your tickets today!
• February 12th: A VALENTINE DANCE will be held on Friday, February 12, at the LaFayette Christian School Gym, 1904 Hamilton Road in LaGrange from 8:00 – 10:15 p.m., hosted by the Moonlight Ballroom Dance Club of LaGrange. Visitor couples are welcome – $20 per couple. Attire: Dressy or cocktail/ (coat & tie). Come enjoy slow dancing, swing, waltz, cha-cha, tango, samba, polka, Western two step, electric slide and more! (For more information on this dance or local dance lessons, call 706881-2734. Ballroom dance lessons would make a great Valentine’s gift!!)
• February 16th: Environmental Update! Sierra Club lobbyist Neill Herring and Sierra club state legislative chair mark Woodall will give us an update on what’s happening in the gold dome during the 2016 session and how we can help our environment stay healthy on Tuesday, February 16 from 7-8 pm: Refreshments served 6:30 until program; Location St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on 207 Greenwood St. LaGrange 30240.
• February 17th: Capital Conservation Day! Be an activist at the gold dome! Join hundreds of other conservationists who will be lobbying for clean air and water on Wednesday February 17. Contact Laura Breyfogle to find out more information and/or carpool.
• February 19th 10 am-noon at Ethel Kight Elementary School-
Get “down to earth” on Georgia Arbor Day weekend. Bring a shovel and gloves, if you have them. If you don’t, we’ll have a few extras. We will plant dogwood and pine seedlings as well as 3 specimen trees to help beautify Ethel Kight’s new school site. Refreshments provided!
• February 20th 10 am-noon at Granger Park Tennis Courts:
Here’s another Arbor Day weekend opportunity to create a tree screen at Granger Park- LaGrange’s most used green space. Bring a shovel and gloves, if you have them. If you don’t, we’ll have a few extras. Refreshments provided!
• February 20th 1-3 pm at LaGrange Memorial Library:
Last chance for Arbor Day projects- we will spruce up the grounds. Bring loppers, clippers and gloves if you have them. We’ll have a few to share. Refreshments provided!
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about.
• Every Thursday: Beginner Ballroom Dance Lessons at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street at 7:00pm. $80/Couple for 8 weeks. Call for more information 706-881-2734.
• Every Thursday: Bellevue Contract Bridge Game- Games will be open to the public each Thursday at Bellevue- LaGrange’s historic antebellum home. The building will open at 5:30 p.m. and play will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. Players must attend in pairs and cost is $10 per person, per month. Call 706-8829655 for information and to sign up. Proceeds go towards the preservation of Bellevue.
• Every Thursday and Sunday: LaGrange Street Hockey League with Troup County Park and Recreation – Meet from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Looking for players to increase the size of the league and for sponsors to help with the equipment costs. For more information, contact Glenn Cunningham at 706-298-0759 or glenn.cunningham@diversepower. com.
• 1st Saturday of Every Month: Tree of Life, Inc., a local nonprofit organization, announces the Steps to Success Program: This is a self sufficient program for women 16 and up who are unemployed or underemployed. This is a light touch program with weekly follow ups. We provide one on one case management. We help to identify an Individual Service Plan. We help to identify employment goals. We also help to connect to resources. This is a free service. Held at the LaGrange Memorial Library from 10:00 am to 1:00am. Contact Info: Jennifer Grier~706-333-8728. *No appointments necessary; please, bring valid Id*
• 1st And 3rd Monday Of Each Month: Hogansville City Council meets at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall, 400 East Main Street, Hogansville, GA 30230; Phone 706-637-8629.
• 1st And 3rd Tuesday Of Each Month: Troup County Commission meetings are held at 9:00 a.m. at the Troup County Government Center with the work session being the Friday preceding.