• February 17th: Capital Conservation Day! Be an activist at the gold dome! Join hundreds of other conservationists who will be lobbying for clean air and water on Wednesday. Contact Laura Breyfogle to find out more information and/or carpool.
• February 17th: Join us for storytelling, songs, and crafts at Hogansville Public Library 600 E. Main Street, Hogansville, GA, 30230, at 10:30 am. www.thrl.org
• February 17th: Join us for storytelling, songs, and crafts at LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240, at 10:30. www.thrl.org
• February 19th 10 am-noon at Ethel Kight Elementary School-
Get “down to earth” on Georgia Arbor Day weekend. Bring a shovel and gloves, if you have them. If you don’t, we’ll have a few extras. We will plant dogwood and pine seedlings as well as 3 specimen trees to help beautify Ethel Kight’s new school site. Refreshments provided!
• February 19th: Little Ones Art Class. Some moms in our community willhelpyoungerchildren(gradespre-Kto1st) createsimple art projects to take home on Friday at 3:30 pm. The class is limited to 20 participants, so sign up today at the library! LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240. www.thrl.org
• February 20th 10 am-noon at Granger Park Tennis Courts:
Here’s another Arbor Day weekend opportunity to create a tree screen at Granger Park- LaGrange’s most used green space. Bring a shovel and gloves, if you have them. If you don’t, we’ll have a few extras. Refreshments provided!
• February 20th 1-3 pm at LaGrange Memorial Library:
Last chance for Arbor Day projects- we will spruce up the grounds. Bring loppers, clippers and gloves if you have them. We’ll have a few to share. Refreshments provided!
• February 20th: Chess Club! Join us to play or learn chess at La-Grange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240 at 1:00 pm. www.thrl.org
• February 22nd: Genealogy I at 3 pm! Learn to use Ancestry.com to find your ancestors and build your family tree. Request a fivegeneration chart when you register and fill out as much as you can to help you search during class. Registration is required. LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240. www.thrl.org
• February 22nd: Computer Basics: Mouse & Internet! Learn how to use a mouse and do simple searches on the internet on February 22 at 6:00 pm. No computer experience is necessary. Registration is required. LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240. www.thrl.org
• February 22nd: Book Chat: Join us and discuss your favorite book at LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, La-Grange, GA, 30240 at 6 pm. www.thrl.org
• February 27th: Divis Tribute Show, Diana Ross, Tina Turner, and Whitney Houston will be held at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, on Saturday, February 27 at 5:30 pm. The show is $15 per person (in advance) which includes a dinner and show. For more information, call 706-883-1681 or visit theactivelife.org.
• Now – March 7: Diabetes Workshop! This is a 6-week class taught on how best to manage your disease. Class will be held on Mondays: 2/22, 2/29, 3/7 at The Active Life Wellness Center. Contact Information: Molly Jones 706-883-1681.
• March 16th: The LaGrange Woman’s Club BBQ will be Wednesday, March 16, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at the Bellevue parking lot. The address is 204 Ben Hill Street. Tickets are $10. Dessert will be included. LaGrange Woman’s Club members will be selling tickets. You may contact Judy Bledsoe at 706-882-7611 for more information. All proceeds go for the preservation of Bellevue.
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about.
• Every Thursday: Beginner Ballroom Dance Lessons at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street at 7:00pm. $80/Couple for 8 weeks. Call for more information 706-881-2734.
• Every Thursday: Bellevue Contract Bridge Game- Games will be open to the public each Thursday at Bellevue- LaGrange’s historic antebellum home. The building will open at 5:30 p.m. and play will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. Players must attend in pairs and cost is $10 per person, per month. Call 706-882-9655 for information and to sign up. Proceeds go towards the preservation of Bellevue.
• Every Thursday and Sunday: LaGrange Street Hockey League with Troup County Park and Recreation – Meet from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Looking for players to increase the size of the league and for sponsors to help with the equipment costs. For more information, contact Glenn Cunningham at 706-298-0759 or glenn.cunningham@ diversepower.com.
• 1st Saturday of Every Month: Tree of Life, Inc., a local nonprofit organization, announces the Steps to Success Program: This is a self sufficient program for women 16 and up who are unemployed or underemployed. This is a light touch program with weekly follow ups. We provide one on one case management. We help to identify an Individual Service Plan. We help to identify employment goals. We also help to connect to resources. This is a free service. Held at the LaGrange Memorial Library from 10:00am to 1:00am. Contact Info: Jennifer Grier~ 706-333-8728. *No appointments necessary; please, bring valid Id*
• 1st And 3rd Monday Of Each Month: Hogansville City Council meets at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall, 400 East Main Street, Hogansville, GA 30230; Phone 706-637-8629.
• 3rd Monday Of Each Month: Honey Bee Keepers meeting is at 7 p.m. at the 4-H Agricultural Building, Vulcan Road/U.S. Highway 27. Call 706-882-2493 or UGA Ext. 706-883-1675 for more information.
• 3rd Tuesday of Each Month: Tour West Georgia Tech from 10:00-11:00 a.m. or 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tours are held the third Tuesday of each month. No need to register or make an appointment, simply show up at WGTC, One College Circle, La-Grange. (706) 845-4323 – www.westgatech.edu.