• February 19th 10 am-noon at Ethel Kight Elementary School- Get “down to earth” on Georgia Arbor Day weekend. Bring a shovel and gloves, if you have them. If you don’t, we’ll have a few extras. We will plant dogwood and pine seedlings as well as 3 specimen trees to help beautify Ethel Kight’s new school site. Refreshments provided!
• February 19th: Little Ones Art Class. Some moms in our community will help younger children (grades pre-K to 1st) create simple art projects to take home on February 19 at 3:30 pm. The class is limited to 20 participants, so sign up today at the library! LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford St, LaGrange, GA, 30240. www.thrl.org
• February 20th 10 am-noon at Granger Park Tennis Courts: Here’s another Arbor Day weekend opportunity to create a tree screen at Granger Park- LaGrange’s most used green space. Bring a shovel and gloves, if you have them. If you don’t, we’ll have a few extras. Refreshments provided!
• February 20th 1-3 pm at LaGrange Memorial Library:
Last chance for Arbor Day projects- we will spruce up the grounds. Bring loppers, clippers and gloves if you have them. We’ll have a few to share. Refreshments provided!
• February 20th: Chess Club! Join us to play or learn chess at LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240 at 1:00 pm. www.thrl.org
• February 22nd: 18th Annual CLCP Corporate Community Spelling Bee will be held Monday at 7 pm at the Callaway Conference Center, LaGrange at West Georgia Tech. The sixth annual community literacy award will be presented. For more information, call DeBee Burdette at 706-756-4546.
• February 22nd: Genealogy I at 3 pm! Learn to use Ancestry. com to find your ancestors and build your family tree. Request a five-generation chart when you register and fill out as much as you can to help you search during class. Registration is required.LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford St, LaGrange, GA, 30240. www.thrl.org
• February 22nd: Computer Basics: Mouse & Internet! Learn how to use a mouse and do simple searches on the internet on February 22 at 6:00 pm. No computer experience is necessary. Registration is required. LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240. www.thrl.org
• February 22nd: Book Chat: Join us and discuss your favorite book at LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240 at 6 pm. www.thrl.org
• February 27th: Divis Tribute Show, Diana Ross, Tina Turner, and Whitney Houston will be held at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, on Saturday February 27 at 5:30 pm. The show is $15 per person (in advance) which includes a dinner and show. For more information, call 706-883-1681 or visit theactivelife.org.
• 1st And 3rd Monday Of Each Month: Hogansville City Council meets at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall, 400 East Main Street, Hogansville, GA 30230; Phone 706-637-8629.
• 1st And 3rd Tuesday Of Each Month: Troup County Commission meetings are held at 9:00 a.m. at the Troup County Government Center with the work session being the Friday preceding.
• 3rd Thursday Of Each Month: LaGrange Troup Co. Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 4PM at1600 Vernon Rd. Anyone who has an interest in Parkinson’s Disease is invited to attend these informative meetings. For more information, call 706-837-0805.
• 3rd Thursday Of Each Month: City of Hogansville, Town Hall Meetings-To improve communications between the citizens of Hogansville and City government, Town Hall Meetings will now be held. Questions, comments or concerns directed to the Mayor and Council as well as the City Administration may be addressed with prior request submission. If you have a question or would like to speak at any of these meetings, you must fill out a Speakers Request Form, fill it out and return it to City Hall no later than three full business days before the requested meeting. The start time is 6:00 p.m. This schedule may need to be adjusted as the needs of the City are addressed. Location: City Council Chambers at City Hall, 400 East Main Street, Hogansville, GA 30230; Phone 706-637-8629.
• 3rd Saturday Of Each Month: The Active Life-LaGrange GADancing! Presenting Jimmy Smith & “New River Band.” For adults of all ages.Admission $5.00. From 7PM – 10PM at Wellness Center located at 140 Ragland Street.
• 4th Tuesday of Each Month: American Legion/Veterans meeting at TheActive Life Wellness Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA 30241 at 6p.m., Jeff Hewitt 706885-1368. All veterans welcome!