• August 22nd: The LaGrange Police Department will be hosting a public training event on Monday, August 22 from 6 – 8 pm at the LaGrange Police Department Training Center on Aerotron Parkway. The topic will be: ‘Civilian Response to Active Shooter Event, C.R.A.S.E. Training. This training will help you prepare, if you find yourself involved in any type of active threat event where you or another person’s life is in danger. In today’s world, this is very important information to have and is offered free of charge. Reservations are required so please RSVP at email@example.com or by calling 706-883-2644.
• August 27th: Kayak Parade for Kim with Poker Run. Decorate your kayak, wear pink, and come float the Chattchoochee in support of Kim Murphy and her treatment against breast cancer on Saturday, August 27 at the Downtown River Park Pavilion, West Point, GA. Registration/ shuttles will run from 10 – 11:30 am. Kayakers will be shuttled to put-in spot (Hardley Creek Park). Pre-Register at Great Lakes and Land Co., 3017 West Point Road, LaGrange. T-Shirts and concessions will be sold throughout the day. $20 per boat (bring your own boat) Optional Poker Run add $10. A limited number of kayaks will be onsite and available to rent from Great Lakes and Land Co. ($50 includes registration fee.) All proceeds benefit Kim Murphy. Poker run the prizes for best hand, and worst hand. Winners will be announced at 4 pm or as soon as all players return to the pavilion. For more information call 706-594-1478.
• August 31st: Georgia Cares, Local Help for People with Medicare. Come join us for a discussion on “Welcome to Medicare” on Wednesday, August 31 at 1 pm at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange (Wellness Center). GeorgiaCares will present information on ABCDs of Medicare, Enrollment and How, and What is a Medigap. GeorgiaCares is a public-private partnership administered through the Georgia Department of Human Services Division of Aging Services. This presentation is brought to you by Three Rivers Area Agency on Aging with financial assistance through a grant from the Administration for Community Living (ACL). For additional information contact 1-866-552-4464 Option 4 or 1-706-675-9031.
• September 1st: The LaGrange Police Department will be hosting its annual Citizens Police Academy starting on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the LaGrange Police Department Training Center located at 524 Aerotron Parkway, LaGrange. This training will be every Tuesday from 6 – 8 pm for 10 weeks ending with graduation on November 8, 2016. This will be ten weeks of informative interactive training on current police trends, operations, and procedures, and community safety, which will benefit anyone who attends. Please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2016.
• September 2nd -Presented by LaGrange College, Sunsets at Sweetland features culturally diverse programming- like concerts, movies and gatherings- that are free or affordably priced. All of these events are Picnic Approved, so bring your cooler and socialize with friends and neighbors. Event lasts from 7 to 10 PM on Friday, September 2nd. Visit www.sweetland.events for more event specifics including start times and other important details. www.sweetland.events Contact Information: Barbie Watts706-298-4534
• September 2nd through 4th-Soar into September at Callaway Gardens’ 18th annual Sky High Hot Air Balloon Festival. The weekend kicks off with the extraordinary Friday Night Balloon Glow and continues all weekend long. Watch beautiful balloons in flight or hop in a basket for your own tethered balloon ride. Saturday is filled with family-friendly events, including live music, beach activities, a Kids Zone and much more. There’s something for everyone with a classic car show, disc dog demonstrations, a pyrotechnic skydiving demonstration. www.callawaygardens. com
• September 8th-Golf Tournament to benefit programs and services provided by the American Red Cross of Central Midwest Georgia. The Golf FORE the Red Cross tournament will take place Thursday, September 8th from 12 to 6 PM at Highland Country Club, Contact Information: Connie Hensler, Connie.Hensler@redcross.org
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.