• September 8th-Golf Tournament to benefit programs and services provided by the American Red Cross of Central Midwest Georgia. The Golf FORE the Red Cross tournament will take place Thursday, September 8th from 12 to 6 PM at Highland Country Club, Contact Information: Connie Hensler, Connie.Hensler@redcross.org
• September 8th-Free music and movie at Sweetland Amphitheatre in Downtown LaGrange.Bring a picnic dinner or carry out from your favorite downtown eatery. At Sunsets at Sweetland, Thursday, September 8th at 6:30 PM, come enjoy live music from the Alcotts and a showing of the movie TBD will begin at dusk. Chairs available on a first come, first served basis otherwise chairs and blankets welcome. Free / Public Welcome
• September 9th through 10th-Kiwanis Club Annual Sporting Clays Tournament for Jack Tate Scholarship Fund: This is an annual Kiwanis Club event that raises money for scholarships awarded to students who are sophomores or higher in their college endeavors and are working while going to college.The tournament goes from September 9th through 10th at Liberty Hill Sporting Club – 235 Liberty Hill/Glenn Road, LaGrange,Contact Jerry Johnson at 706-350-1000. Fees/Admission: $400 for a team of 4 shooters.
• September 9th: The Active Life Recreation Center is pleased to announce the first Monthly Ballroom Dance, for adults of all ages, to be held the second Friday of each month. The first dance will be on Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8 p.m. in the Wellness Center. Admission is $20 per couple. The Mike Skipper Band will be playing.
• September 10th: Hope for Hayleigh, presented by the Guardians RC, 107 Lovelace Road, West Point, will be held on September 10. Hayleigh is 15 years old and battling genetic chronic terminal Cystic Fibrosis. Registration is at 4 pm and Kickstands up at 5. Entertainment provided by the 3:10 Band beginning at 7 pm. Refreshment tickets available day of event. There will be a 50/50 drawing, raffle items, auction items, including a personal donation from Jeff Foxworthy. For more information call Joseph Doss at 706-298-1266, Chuck Brooks at 706-523-2426, or Jay Freeman at 706-594-6805.
• September 17th: #Team Gavin Benefit Ride and Car Show, presented by the Guardians RC will be held on September 17. Gavin Pijnenburg is 7 years old and was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in 2015. This form of MD typically affects boys and is an incurable genetic disorder. Registration/Car Show starts at 9 am with a $25 entry fee. KSU/Roll Out at noon from Pine Mountain RV Resort, 8804 Hamilton Road, Pine Mountain, GA. Camping, Cabin/Yurt Rentals Available 706-663-4349. Warren G’s BBQ and Hawiian ice will be onsite for food and drink purchases. There will also be raffles ($1 tickets), Yeti Cooler ($5 ticket), Pametto AR-15, and gift certificates. For more information call Joseph Doss at 706-298-1266, Chuck Brooks at 706-523-2426, or Jay Freeman at 706594-6805.
• September 24th-NEEDTOBREATHE is a Grammynominated, American Rock ‘n’ Roll Band from South Carolina, effortlessly woven from the musical traditions of their upbringing in the Deep South of the United States. The event will be held Saturday, September 24th at 7 PM. For more information, contact Becca Eiland 706-2984523, www.sweetland.events
• September 27th-LaGrange Symphony Orchestra’s opening concert of the 2016-2017 season, AIR. Includes music by Walton and Elgar and features the world premiere of ‘Concerto for Flute and Orchestra’, composed by LSO Music Director and Conductor Richard Prior. Renowned flutist Jonathan Keeble will perform with the LSO. This concert takes place on Tuesday, September 27th at 7:30 PM and includes an after-concert reception. www.lagrangesymphony. org, Callaway Auditorium on the Campus of LaGrange College, Contact Information: Raylene M. Carter Executive Director, 706.882.0662 orinfo@lagrangesymphony. org
• October 1st: Georgia Alabama Region AACA 35th Annual Antique Auto Meet will be held on Saturday, October 1 from 9 am – 2 pm at LaGrange Mall. Pre-registration, $15. Day of Show, $20. Benefiting St. Jude Hospital and Heart of West Georgia. People’s Choice Award and Money Tree. 50/50 Raffle, Door Prizes. For more information, contact Joe McConnell at 706-333-8106, Fred Duncan at 678234-8323, or Charles Norris at 706-527-0668.