• September 17th: #Team Gavin Benefit Ride and Car Show, presented by the Guardians RC will be held on Saturday. Gavin Pijnenburg is 7 years old and was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in 2015. This form of MD typically affects boys and is an incurable genetic disorder. Registration/Car Show starts at 9 am with a $25 entry fee. KSU/Roll Out at noon from Pine Mountain RV Resort, 8804 Hamilton Road, Pine Mountain, GA. Camping, Cabin/Yurt Rentals Available 706-663-4349. Warren G’s BBQ and Hawiian ice will be onsite for food and drink purchases. There will also be raffles ($1 tickets), Yeti Cooler ($5 ticket), Pametto AR-15, and gift certificates. For more information call Joseph Doss at 706-298-1266, Chuck Brooks at 706-523-2426, or Jay Freeman at 706594-6805.
• September 17th: Bringing the Ages Together, LLC will hold their free festival on Saturday, September 17 from 1 – 5 pm at Mackey-Wilson-Jennings, 507 East Depot Street, LaGrange. This event is sponsored by the GA Diabetes, Coalition of Atlanta, Wellstar West Georgia Health, and Mackey-Wilson-Jennings Funeral Home. Free Fish Fried Biscuits, Win a 40” LCD TV and prizes. DJ Live Music, Family Fun, and free bingo prizes.
• September 18th: The 100 Young Men Program will be held at New Community Church, 1200 S. Davis Road, LaGrange, GA 30241.The event will take place on September 18th at 2:30 PM until 5 PM. As a result of concern about the youth in our community, we wanted to reach out to them. The Blue Knights, Zsa Zsa Heard (Executive Director of LaGrange Housing Authority), Mr. Leon Childs of Mentoring and Tutoring, The Faith Riders from Newnan, just to name a few will be in attendance.
• September 18th: You are all invited to our Youth Day Program at Heavenly Heights International Ministries on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Brenshell Hills-Willis of New Life Deliverance Church in LaGrange, Ga. Refreshments will be served.
• September 19th: Put Your Money Where The Miracles are! A Golf Tournament will be held on September 19 from 10 am – 3 pm with free prizes at Mountain View Golf Course at Callaway Gardens. For registration see the store manager. Proceeds benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
• September 20th: Everyone is invited to join the La-Grange Sierra Club’s on September 20th meeting as our featured speaker, Mr. Jim Quick from the University of Georgia, will present his topic: Talking Honey Bees. Mr. Quick has been with the UGA – Griffin campus for 25 years and has been a Research Coordinator in the Entomology Department for the last 11 years. Jim is an advocate for honeybees and beekeeping and is a Master Beekeeper with the University of Ga. Master Beekeeper Program.The meeting will be held at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church located at 207 N. Greenwood Street. Refreshments and social time begin at 6:30 PM and the program will begin at 7 and conclude at 8PM. Any questions please contact Ellen Parkhurst at email@example.com
• September 22nd: Fall is in the air, and we are being given a cool reminder that the Retired Troup Educators are ready to get started with their work for the 2016-2017 school year underway. We are looking forward to our first meeting, at Highland Country Club on September 22 at 11:30 a.m., to get us started. We look forward to the Association Member Benefits Advisor, Mr. Doug Holt, being with us to share with us the many benefits of insurance which are available to us. Please make your plans to attend and make your reservations for a wonderful lunch. We look forward to seeing you there.
• September 24th-NEEDTOBREATHE is a Grammynominated, American Rock ‘n’ Roll Band from South Carolina, effortlessly woven from the musical traditions of their upbringing in the Deep South of the United States. The event will be held Saturday, September 24th at 7 PM. For more information, contact Becca Eiland 706-2984523, www.sweetland.events
• September 24th: West Point Lake Cleanup Event will be held on Saturday, September 24 from 9 am – 4 pm at Earl Cook Beach, Lower Glass Bridge Rd. Some people will be building small structures and other people will be picking up trash. Plastic bags will be provided but gloves will not; bring your own. The government wants to provide lunch for the folks who volunteer to help with the building and the cleaning up of the Earl Cook beach area. Chattahoochee Riverkeepers will have Miss Sally at the location for those who want to include a boat ride from 11:00 – 1:00 in their fun-filled day. Directions to the area are: West Point Road (US 29) south to the Long Cane area.Turn right on Lower Glass Bridge Road and drive west until you reach the parking lot at the lake.