• September 20th: Everyone is invited to join the LaGrange Sierra Club’s on Tuesday as their featured speaker, Jim Quick from the University of Georgia, will present his topic: Talking Honey Bees. Mr. Quick has been with the UGA – Griffin campus for 25 years and has been a Research Coordinator in the Entomology Department for the last 11 years. Jim is an advocate for honeybees and beekeeping and is a Master Beekeeper with the University of Ga. Master Beekeeper Program. The meeting will be held at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church located at 207 N. Greenwood Street. Refreshments and social time begin at 6:30 PM and the program will begin at 7 and conclude at 8PM. Any questions please contact Ellen Parkhurst at email@example.com
• September 22nd: Fall is in the air, and we are being given a cool reminder that the Retired Troup Educators are ready to get started with their work for the 2016-2017 school year underway. We are looking forward to our first meeting, at Highland Country Club on September 22 at 11:30 a.m., to get us started. We look forward to the Association Member Benefits Advisor, Mr. Doug Holt, being with us to share with us the many benefits of insurance which are available to us. Please make your plans to attend and make your reservations for a wonderful lunch. We look forward to seeing you there.
• September 24th-NEEDTOBREATHE is a Grammynominated, American Rock ‘n’ Roll Band from South Carolina, effortlessly woven from the musical traditions of their upbringing in the Deep South of the United States. The event will be held Saturday, September 24th at 7 PM. For more information, contact Becca Eiland 706-2984523, www.sweetland.events
• September 24th: West Point Lake Cleanup Event will be held on Saturday, September 24 from 9 am – 4 pm at Earl Cook Beach, Lower Glass Bridge Rd. Some people will be building small structures and other people will be picking up trash. Plastic bags will be provided but gloves will not; bring your own. The government wants to provide lunch for the folks who volunteer to help with the building and the cleaning up of the Earl Cook beach area. Chattahoochee Riverkeepers will have Miss Sally at the location for those who want to include a boat ride from 11:00 1:00 in their fun-filled day. Directions to the area are: West Point Road (US 29) south to the Long Cane area. Turn right on Lower Glass Bridge Road and drive west until you reach the parking lot at the lake.
• September 27th-LaGrange Symphony Orchestra’s opening concert of the 2016-2017 season, AIR. Includes music by Walton and Elgar and features the world premiere of ‘Concerto for Flute and Orchestra’, composed by LSO Music Director and Conductor Richard Prior. Renowned flutist Jonathan Keeble will perform with the LSO. This concert takes place on Tuesday, September 27th at 7:30 PM and includes an after-concert reception. www.lagrange symphony.org, Callaway Auditorium on the Campus of LaGrange College, Contact Information: Raylene M. Carter Executive Director, 706.882.0662 orinfo@lagrangesymphony. org
• October 1st: Georgia Alabama Region AACA 35th Annual Antique Auto Meet will be held on Saturday, October 1 from 9 am – 2 pm at LaGrange Mall. Pre-registration, $15. Day of Show, $20. Benefiting St. Jude Hospital and Heart of West Georgia. People’s Choice Award and Money Tree. 50/50 Raffle, Door Prizes. For more information, contact Joe McConnell at 706-333-8106, Fred Duncan at 678-234-8323, or Charles Norris at 706-527-0668.
• October 22nd: Ageless Grace Seminar and Educator Certification will be held October 22 & 23, 2016 at The Active Life Recreation Center for Adults 55+ in LaGrange, GA, is hosting professional Certification in the Ageless Grace program for brain and body, on Oct. 22 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.) & /or Oct. 23 (9 a.m. – 6 p.m.), facilitated by Sandy Bramlett, International Ageless Grace Trainer/Educator. The public is invited to a free 30 minute ‘community class’on Oct. 22, 12:30-1:00pm, and Oct. 23, 12:00-12:30pm. For more information and to register for any of the weekend’s events, contact Dan Wooten at 706-883-1681 or dwooten@troupsenior. org. Formoreinformationontheprogram,toviewa video clip, visit www.agelessgrace.com. The Ageless Grace events will be held at The Active Life Wellness Center, located at 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA, 30241.