• October 4th: The LaGrange Police Department will be hosting its first annual National Night Out Event on Tuesday, October 4 from 5 pm – 9 pm in the parking lot of Beechwood Furniture at 110 Commerce Avenue (behind Chic-fil-A). This is a night when neighborhoods throughout LaGrange are being invited to join forces with thousands of communities nationwide for the 33rd Annual “National Night Out” (NNO) crime and drug prevention event. The idea of NNO is to get the community to join with law enforcement to prevent and combat drug and crime problems, strengthen neighborhood relationships and show the criminal element that the community stands united with the police against crime.
• October 6th: An evening bash with CEO Zsa Zsa Heard on Thursday, October 6 from 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Come join us for a time of festivities, prizes and engagement as we have conversation along with a spontaneous question and answer session with the CEO of the LaGrange Housing Authority Zsa Zsa Heard as she enlightens the community with the progress of our property development, residential sufficiency’s and educational enhancement-and a few surprises!!! Callaway Conference Center, Contact Information: Inetha Hatten 706-594-0043, $50.00 per person /$400.00 for a table of 8
• October 13th: The LaGrange Woman’s Club and Dillards will present the Fall fashion show on October 13 at 12 noon at Del’Avant. For tickets contact 706-884-1832 or a club member.
• October 14th: West Point Lake Heritage will be held on Friday, October 14, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Leaving from Highland Marina Resort, Sally Bethea, director of Chattahoochee Riverkeeper from 1994-2014 will enlighten us about the role CRK has played in improving the water quality of communities downstream of Atlanta and especially West Point Lake. West Point native and history buff Stephen Johnson will share tales of Native Americans who once lived along the Chattahoochee River as well as how West Point residents fared floods before West Point Lake was formed. A few locals will take us back in time with stories from before West Point Lake was formed or when it was newly impounded. For more information: https://chattahoochee.wufoo.com/forms/q8a4i5g1rabofu/
• October 20 – 22: 6th Annual Merry Market will be held October 20 – October 22. Merry Market Shopping Extravaganza features over 40 vendors from throughout the Southeast selling unique and specialty items just in time for the holidays. This exciting 3 day event kicks off on Thursday evening with a Preview Party from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Your ticket includes first chance to shop, food, beverage, entertainment, silent auction AND allows entrance for shopping the entire time the market is open. $30 All day shopping Friday, October 21, 9 a.m-6 p.m. and Saturday, October 22, 9.a.m. – 5 p.m. One day admission ticket $5. Proceeds benefit Grant programs for School Readiness. Callaway Conference Center 220 Fort Drive LaGrange, On the Campus of West Ga. Technical College. Contact Information: United Way of West Ga. PO Box 532 LaGrange, Ga 30241 706-884-8292 merrymarketlagrange.com
• October 21st: Sunsets at Sweetland on Friday, October 21, 7:00 PM for Panther Palooza, LaGrange College Homecoming Presented by LaGrange College, Sunsets at Sweetland features culturally diverse programming- like concerts, movies and gatherings- that are free or affordably priced. All of these events are Picnic Approved, so bring your cooler and socialize with friends and neighbors. Visit www.sweetland.events for more event specifics including start times and other important details. www.sweetland. events Contact Information: Barbie Watts706-298-4534
• October 21 – October 23: LaGrange College Homecoming will be held from October 21 thru October 23 with a wonderful weekend of Homecoming festivities: Class of 1966 50th Reunion Dinner, Panther Palooza VI, Concert, Reunion Row Tailgate, Homecoming Parade, LaGrange Panther Football, and a Theater Production ‘To be Announced Fall 2016′ LaGrange College Campus. alumni@lagrange. edu, 706-880-8244, www.lagrange.edu
• October 22nd: Break Every Chain will be held on October 22 from 11:30 am – 2 pm in Downtown LaGrange on the Square. There will be guest speakers, testimonies, praise and worship, and a surprise performanace. For more information or inquiries contact Kelly Camp at 706416-6205 or Wanda Walker at 706-402-5634.
• Now –December 15: “From Daumier to Oliphant: The Art of Cultural and Political Satire,” an exhibition of illustrations and cartoons from Lamar Dodd Art Center’s permanent collection at LaGrange College, runs through December 15. LDAC is open 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. weekdays. For more information, contact Lanora Yates email@example.com.