• January 30th: The LaGrange Police Department will be hosting a public training event on Monday, January 30, 2017 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the LaGrange Police Department Training Center at 376 Aerotron Parkway. The topic will be ‘Civilian Response to Active Shooter Event’, C.R.A.S.E. Training. This training will help you prepare, if you find yourself involved in any type of active threat event where you or another person’s life if in danger. In today’s world this is very important to have and is offered free of charge. Reservations are required so please RSVP at email@example.com.
• February 2nd: Thursday Lunch Club meeting will be held on Thursday, February 2 at noon in the Fellowship hall at First United Methodist Church, 401 Broad Street and will feature Randy and Debbie Ogle. For reservations for the meal and program call or email the church at 706-8844635 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost is $6 per person. All are welcome.
• February 7th: Lunch and Learn Series! Join the Troup County Master Gardeners on a Free Horicultural Adventure on February 7 with Tropical Vibe: Selecting and Growing Palms in Georgia, Leslie Bendell .Every first Tuesday of every month. Bring your own lunch, 12 – 1 pm at the LaGrange Memorial Library, 115 Alford Street, La-Grange. For more information call 706-882-7784.
• February 8th 8am-4pm: Small Farm and Agriculture Conference at West Georgia Technical College offered by the West Georgia Farmer’s Cooperative. This event is suited for small farmers as well as community members interested in topics of climate change and locally grown food.
• February 9th 6:30-8: Presentation on Native Plants at Troup County Agricultural Center sponsored by Master Gardeners.
• February 15th: Come join a large group of volunteers and professionals from all over Georgia who will lobby for clean air and water at the Gold Dome. Carpooling options available. Please contact Laura Breyfogle breyfoglel@ gmail.com if you are interested in participating.
• February 15th: LaGrange First Assembly of God will be presenting Financial Peace University starting February 15, 2017 at 6:30 pm. Dave Ramsey and his teaching team will walk you through the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for the future, and much more. Classes will be 90 minutes for 9 Wednesdays in a row at LaGrange First Assembly of God located at 1700 S. Davis Road, LaGrange, GA 30240. The cost of materials, including the Dave Ramsey book, for Financial Peace University will be $93. If you have attended in the past and would like to attend, there is no charge to you. Here are some comments of people that have attended in the past. ‘Financial Peace University has helped my wife and I change our mentality on debt and finances. The value far exceeds the initial investment.’ – Justin ‘We are on our way to being debt-free. What a great purchase and awesome experience!’ – Stovall. Please call Deb Yates at 706-302-0674 to register for this course or for more information.
• February 20th: The WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board of Trustees meets routinely on the third Monday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board Room.
• February 21st 6:30-8 pm: Our Sierra Club February meeting held at LaGrange Memorial Library will highlight current environmentally related bills in the 2017 Legislative Session and how YOU can make a difference by contacting your senators and representatives. Sierra Club Lobbyist Neill Herring will entertain us with his colorful stories!