LaGrange, Ga., June 20, 2017 – Eligible students who live outside of Troup County can now pay tuition to attend the Troup County school closest to their home address. Troup County School System (TCSS) is now accepting applications for nonresident students. The application and parent information sheet are now available on troup.org.
Troup County School System has seen a 5.5% increase in graduation rates over the past year and Georgia Milestone results that exceed the state average in math, science, social studies, analytic geometry, and economics. The system also boasts:
• Rigorous and relevant learning environment for all students
• Nationally recognized THINC College and Career Academy
• Numerous middle school student choice electives
• Dual-enrollment opportunities • Career Pathways such as Robotics, Healthcare and Gaming Design Students living in Georgia, but outside of Troup County, will be assessed a $300 yearly tuition fee and students residing outside the state of Georgia will be assessed a $5,500 yearly tuition fee.
Some criteria for acceptance include:
• Student compliance with TCSS’s rules of conduct.
• Complete application: Non-Resident Application.
• $25 non-refundable application fee.
• Student must meet GHSA eligibility requirements.
• Students will be assigned to the school that is geographically nearest their residence.
• Transportation and associated costs must be provided by parent; not to be reimbursed by TCSS.
• A complete list is located under Board Policy JBCCA.
Applications are located on troup.org under Forms & Links > Registration. For consideration, a complete application must include the following:
• Complete official transcript or academic record from previous school.
• Complete attendance records from previous school.
• Any records reflecting the conviction or adjudication of any felonies or delinquent acts.
To learn more about Troup County School System, visit troup.org and the Troup County School System Facebook page.