•August 12 Burks Chapel United Methodist Church on 855 Burkes Chapel Rd. will celebrate its annual Homecoming Sunday, August 12th at 11 a.m. Out pastor, Rev. Richard Gilbert will deliver the morning message.
August 13-15 Burks Chapel United Methodist Church on 855 Burkes Chapel Rd. invites you to its revival services Monday-Wednesday. August 13-15, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. Rev Brenda Rhodes of Keeney Memorial United Methodist Church will open up revival on Monday night as out first evangelist. On Tuesday night Rev. Carl Von Epps will deliver the message as our second evangelist. Dr. Jeffery Henderson of Macedonia Baptist Church in Roanoke, AL will close out revival services as our evangelist on Wednesday night.
•Come Dance with Us!
Adults of All Ages August 18, 2018 “The Active Life” 140 Ragland St.
Time: 7:00-10:00 pm.
Admission: $6.00 Featuring Country Music Jimmy Smith Mike Nicholus & “New River Band” Bring a Snack to share For more information call: 706-883-1681
•Ballroom Dance Lessons are held weekly at The Active Life in LaGrange from 7p–8p. $100.percouple for a 5 – week session. The next session will begin Thursday, Aug. 30th. For more information contact Cody Wayne Foote at 334-663-2408.
Monthly Ballroom Dance will be held Friday, Aug. 10th at The Active Life in LaGrange from 8 p – 10 p. A complimentary Cha Cha lesson begins at 7 p. $20.00 per couple.
For more information contact Molly Jones at 706883-1681.
• Aug 19 – 2:00 PM; Sunday Sep 23 – ‘There is Life After Incarceration’ Calvary’s Cross Prison Ministry (537 Revis St, La-Grange on 8/19 and Ark Refuge – 504 E Depot on 9/23)
• Aug 22 – 12:00 – 1:00 PM (optional lunch served at 11:45 AM) – Community Outreach Committee Community organizations meet to discuss initiatives and get updates on Police/ Community relations from Chief Lou Dekmar LaGrange Police Department (100 W Haralson, LaGrange)
• Aug 25 – One Race Stone Mountain – Leaders of all races and ethnic groups from across the region will meet at Stone Mountain to renounce the spirit of racism and stand united for racial reconciliation. For more information please contact Chalton Askew (706) 402-1311 or Mike Bowen (706) 3027405.
• Mondays: The “Movers and Shakers” Line Dance class will be held at Springfield Baptist Church/Hogansville, GA on Mondays at 6pm to 7pm. Class is free.
• AA Meeting times at Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall Street, LaGrange. Saturday- 8 am, 10:30 a.m. ( Women’s), 1 p.m., 7 p.m.; Sunday- 10 a.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Monday & Friday-Noon, 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Wednesday-also has a 8 a.m. meeting. For additional information please call, 706-884-6993.
• Every Monday: The Optimist Club of LaGrange meets for lunch every Monday at noon at the Mike Daniel Recreation Center. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members! For more information contact Natalie Phillips, (706) 8836138.
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• Every Tuesday: La-Grange Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members!
• Every Tuesday & Wednesday: No matter what your problem with food- compulsive undereating, overeating, undereating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, purging by vomiting or laxative use, or overexercising. There is a solution. You are not alone anymore!!! The meetings has no cost or dues. It will take place at First Baptist on the Square Church Street on Tuesday at 7:15 pm and Wednesday at 1 pm. For information call: 706-884-9925
• Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4 p.m. at the Active Life Senior Center, 140 Ragland Street, La-Grange, GA. Beginners or advanced are welcome. Open to all adults, 55 and over. For additional information contact Donna Bailey 706-884-6998.
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at La-Grange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about.
• Every Thursday: Celebrate Recovery (a self help program for anyone with hurts, habits, hangups). Join us every Thursday evening_ dinner served 6pm, if you wish, followed by program 6:30-8pm. Held in the First Baptist Church on the Square’s Family Life Center Chapel . Enter where you see the black canopy on Church St. For additional information, call First Baptist Church office at (706) 884-5631.