The individuals listed have been cited/arrested/charged in Troup County. However, this is not an admission of guilt. All parties are considered innocent until proved guilty.
• Friday morning about 6:56 a.m., LaGrange Police responded to the 300 block of Broad Street in reference to a subject lying on the sidewalk.
Officers arrived and identified the subject as Randall Thomas Spradlin.
Police say Spradlin’s speech was incoherent, slurred, and he had a strong odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage and urine coming from his person.
During the investigation, officers noticed an empty 24 oz. 211 High Gravity malt liquor lying on the ground a few feet from where Spradlin eventually sat up. There was also an unopened can of the same brand malt liquor in Spradlin’s left jacket pocket.
Spradlin told officers that he did not call the police and insisted he did not want any assistance. Due to the fact that Spradlin obviously highly intoxicated and appeared to have passed out on the sidewalk, officers was placed him under arrest.
Spradlin, age 63, was arrested and transported to the Troup County Sheriff’s Office where he was booked into the jail charged with Public Drunkenness.
As of press time, Spradlin is being held at the Troup County Jail on $1,000 bond.
• Sunday morning around 3:23 a.m., LaGrange Police responded to the parking lot across from LaGrange High School in reference to a suspicious vehicle.
Officers arrived and observed a grey Chevrolet Equinox with its headlights activated, but no one was in the front passenger or driver’s seat. Police then noticed movement in the back seat and two females were located in the rear of the vehicle.
The owner of the vehicle, Isis Denetra Love, stated she and the other female were just hanging out in the back seat talking and checking out Facebook on her cell phone.
Officers observed an odor of marijuana coming from the Equinox, but Love stated there was marijuana in the vehicle. She stated there had recently been marijuana in the vehicle, but there was no longer any and consented to a search.
Police searched the vehicle and found a small amount of suspected marijuana inside a plastic Swisher Sweet Cigarillos container, inside of Love’s purse in the back seat. Love was then placed under arrest for drug possession and the other female was released.
Love, age 20, was arrested and transported to the Troup County Sheriff’s Office where he was booked into the jail charged with Possession of Marijuana – Less than an Ounce.
• Saturday afternoon about 1:43 p.m., LaGrange Police responded to Brown Street in reference to a theft.
Officers arrived and spoke to the complainant, who stated that over the weekend unknown person(s) took a Bryant air conditioning unit, valued at $2,500. Neighbors did not report seeing anyone suspicious at the location.
This incident is still under investigation.
• West Point Police responded to an incident of Financial Transaction Card Fraud which was reported on East 10th Street.
• West Point Police responded to reports of a Simple Battery which was reported on East Eighth Street.
• Jarquavious Lashon Darden, of Lanett, AL, was arrested by West Point Police for Driving without a Valid License.