The individuals listed have been cited/arrested/charged in Troup County. However, this is not an admission of guilt. All parties are considered innocent until proved guilty.
• Friday afternoon about 1:58 p.m., LaGrange Police responded to Brown Cab Service on Colquitt Street in reference to a theft.
Officers arrived at the business and spoke to the complainant, who stated they had five keys missing from various vehicles. The complainant stated the keys have been missing for about a week.
It was estimated that the keys will cost about $350 to replace due to a chip being in some of the keys.
Police were told that all of the drivers had access to the keys so they were unable to pinpoint who may have taken them.
This incident is still under investigation.
• Friday evening about 5:01 p.m., officers took a walk-in report at the La-Grange Police Department in reference to a theft.
Officers spoke with the female complainant, who stated she recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn on Lafayette Parkway. She stated she put her pair of diamond earrings on the nightstand and sometime around 10 p.m. Wednesday night and discovered they were missing about 5 p.m. Thursday evening.
The complainant stated she has since spoke with her mother, whom she was sharing the room with, and her mother had not seen the earrings either.
The victim stated she believes the room attendant may have stolen the earrings, which are valued at $249.
An employee at the hotel later told her that the room attendant that she suspects called out sick after the suspected theft. This incident is still under investigation.
• Friday night about 8:40 p.m., LaGrange Police responded to a residence in the 300 block of Brown Street in reference to a disturbance.
Officers arrived at the location and found Anthony Williams leaning up against the side of the residence near his bicycle.
Police then asked Williams what was going on and he stated he was just hanging out. A resident then told officers that he overheard Williams talking about selling drugs at the location and noted that he had some on his bicycle.
Officers then began to investigate and observed a white bag resting on Williams’ bicycle. After confirming from Williams that the bike belonged to him, police checked out the white bag and determined it contained a small amount of suspected marijuana.
Williams was then taken into custody for drug possession.
Williams, age 38, was arrested and transported to the Troup County Sheriff’s Office where he was booked into the jail charged with Possession of Marijuana – Less than an Ounce.
Williams was later released from the Troup County Jail on bond.
• West Point Police responded to separate incidents of Theft and Fraud which were reported on Third Avenue.
• Fredrick Ransom was arrested by West Point Police for Driving without Valid License and Operation of Unregistered Handgun on Third Avenue.
• West Point Police responded to an incident of Auto Theft which was reported on Frank Hall Jr. Street.