School is right around the corner, and all the stores have got their back to school supplies on the shelves. These supplies can get mighty expensive, especially if you have more than one child.
Troup County is reaching out to help, and is having a back to school supply drive starting on Monday, July 29th, and going thru Friday, August 9th. This drive will help benefit local children in need within the Troup County School System.
To help get this underway, they need some items to be donated. Some of the items that they suggest that they need are backpacks, paper, pencils, scissors, markers, and other items that are used by the students in the classrooms. If you would like to donate something the following locations will be taking donations: -Troup County Government Center, 100 Ridley Ave.
- Mike Daniel Recreation Center, 1220
Lafayette Pkwy. – Troup County Sheriff’s Office, 130 Sam Walker Dr.
- Troup County Fire Dept.Station 1, 2471 Hamilton Rd.
- Troup County Fire Dept. Station 2, 28 Hillcrest Rd. – Troup County Fire Dept. Station 4, 360 Long Cane Rd.
- Troup County Fire Dept. Station 6, 867 Whitfield Rd. – Troup County Fire Dept.Station 10, 5605 Roanoke Rd.
- Troup County Fire Dept. Station 11, 1001 East Main St.
- Troup County Fire Dept. Station 12, 6544 Hamilton Rd.
Help a child in the community be ready and prepared when school comes back in. Drop off some schools supplies to the specified locations. Help a child have the supplies that they need to learn.
The author of this article can be reached via email at info@troupcoutnynews. net.
Melanie Turner Editor