Wednesday December 2nd
• December 3rd, 6 – 8 pm: 2015 Christmas Parade, Star Spangled Christmas. Join us for a Star Spangled Christmas at the 2015 Christmas Parade with Grand Marshal Bernard Bledsoe, Coordinator of Toys for Tots – Troup County. For more details, www.lagrangechamber.com. Entry deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20. No entries will be allowed after the deadline.
• December 8th: LaGraneg Sierra Club’s Christmas party will be held on December 8 from 5:30-7:30 pm at River’s Bend Winery (692 Adams Road, West Point GA 31833). Potluck. Wine available for purchase at event. Nonalcoholic beverages will be provided.
• December 10th: Tips for Managing Holiday Stress. This is a free workshop on December 10 at 6 pm at the Counseling Services, Inc located at 610 Ridley Avenue, LaGrange. L. Chris Ross will be the presenter. He has a passion for working with angry teens, struggling adults, and distant couples. He is a licensed professional counselor in the states of Alabama and Georgia. For more information and to reserve your seat call 706-884-5050.
• December 11th: A CHRISTMAS DANCE will be held on Friday, December 11 at 8:00 p.m. at the LaFayette Christian School Gym, 1904 Hamilton Road in LaGrange. Visitor COUPLES are welcome – $20 per couple.Attire: “Coat & tie/Dressy.” Come enjoy slow dancing, swing, waltz, cha-cha, polka, and much more! Even if you don’t dance, come enjoy the great music and the friendly fellowship! Invite your friends to join you for a festive evening! For information on this dance, local lessons or the New Year’s Eve Dance in Columbus, call 706-881-2734. By the way, ballroom dance lessons would make a great couples’Christmas gift!
• December 13th: Bellevue Christmas Tea will be held Sunday, December 13th. Tickets are $20 per person. Call Bellevue,706884-1832, to make a reservation and you can pay at the door. Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Now – May: Pre-K Story Hour at Hawkes Children’s Library, 100 W 8th St, West Point, GA 31833 will be on Friday’s from 10:30 – 11:30. Themed stories, games, and crafts for three to five year olds. Many homeschool families attend! Point University students practice storytelling.
• Now – May: Hawkes Library, 100 W 8th St, West Point, GA 31833, Jr. Friends will be held on alternate Wednesday’s from 4:00 – 5:00. There will be snacks, games, and crafts featuring excellent children’s literature for elementary-aged-kids. Point University students practice lesson-planning and small group teaching.
• Georgia Forestry Commission has started its 2015 Seedling
Sales. You may see what we have on our Seedling Inventory by going to our website at www.gatress.org. All sales are done first come first serve basis. You may order your seedlings now and they will arrive by Tree Planting Season, December 15, 2015 through March 1, 2016. All the information to order seedling is on our website at www.gatress.org or you may call our office at 706-845-4122 for more information.
• AA Meeting times at Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall Street, LaGrange. Saturday-8 am, 10:30 a.m. ( Women’s), 1 p.m., 7 p.m.; Sunday- 10 a.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Monday & Friday- Noon, 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Wednesday-also has a 8 a.m. meeting. For additional information please call, 706-884-6993
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• Every Tuesday: The LaGrange Shufflers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. at the Troup County Senior’s Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street. Visitors are encouraged to attend and view the square dancing with caller Bill Jones.
• Every Tuesday: Overeaters Anonymous (OA) – 7:00 p.m. at First Baptist on the Square, 117 Church Street, LaGrange, Room 108. For additional information, please call 706-884-9925.
• Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4 p.m. at the Active Life Senior Center, 140 Ragland Street, La-Grange, GA. Beginners or advanced are welcome. Open to all adults, 55 and over. For additional information contact Donna Bailey 706-884-6998.
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Beginner Ballroom Dance Lessons at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street at 7:00pm. $80/Couple for 8 weeks. Call for more information 706-881-2734.
• Every Thursday: Bellevue Contract Bridge Game- Games will be open to the public each Thursday at Bellevue- La-Grange’s historic antebellum home. The building will open at 5:30 p.m. and play will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. Players must attend in pairs and cost is $10 per person, per month. Call 706-882-9655 for information and to sign up. Proceeds go towards the preservation of Bellevue.
• Every Thursday and Sunday: LaGrange Street Hockey League with Troup County Park and Recreation – Meet from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Looking for players to increase the size of the league and for sponsors to help with the equipment costs. For more information, contact Glenn Cunningham at 706-298-0759 or [email protected] com.
• 1st Saturday of Every Month: Tree of Life, Inc., a local nonprofit organization, announces the Steps to Success Program: This is a self sufficient program for women 16 and up who are unemployed or underemployed. This is a light touch program with weekly follow ups. We provide one on one case management. We help to identify an Individual Service Plan. We help to identify employment goals. We also help to connect to resources. This is a free service. Held at the LaGrange Memorial Library from 10:00am to 1:00am. Contact Info: Jennifer Grier~706333-8728. *No appointments necessary; please, bring valid Id*
• 2nd Tuesday of Each Month: DAV (Disabled American Veterans), Gus Valeri Memorial Chapter 31, 305 Haralson Street (VFW POST 4629), LaGrange, GA 30241 will hold their meetings every 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm.
• 2nd Tuesday Of Each Month: LaGrange City Council meeting is held at 5:30 p.m. at Council Chambers on Ridley Avenue.
• 2nd Thursday of Each Month: Memory Support Group-5:00 p.m. at Vernon Woods Retirement Community.
• 3rd Monday Of Each Month: Honey Bee Keepers meeting is at 7 p.m. at the 4-H Agricultural Building, Vulcan Road/U.S. Highway 27. Call 706-882-2493 or UGA Ext. 706-883-1675 for more information.