Wednesday December 9th
• December 10th: Tips for Managing Holiday Stress. This is a free workshop on December 10 at 6 pm at the Counseling Services, Inc located at 610 Ridley Avenue, LaGrange. L. Chris Ross will be the presenter. He has a passion for working with angry teens, struggling adults, and distant couples. He is a licensed professional counselor in the states of Alabama and Georgia. For more information and to reserve your seat call 706-8845050.
• December 11th: A CHRISTMAS DANCE will be held on Friday at 8:00 p.m. at the LaFayette Christian School Gym, 1904 Hamilton Road in LaGrange. Visitor COUPLES are welcome – $20 per couple. Attire: “Coat & tie/Dressy.” Come enjoy slow dancing, swing, waltz, cha-cha, polka, and much more! Even if you don’t dance, come enjoy the great music and the friendly fellowship! Invite your friends to join you for a festive evening! For information on this dance, local lessons or the New Year’s Eve Dance in Columbus, call 706-881-2734. By the way, ballroom dance lessons would make a great couples’Christmas gift!
• December 13th: Bellevue Christmas Tea will be held Sunday from 2 – 4 p.m. Tickets are $20 per person. Call Bellevue,706884-1832, to make a reservation and you can pay at the door.
• Now – May: Pre-K Story Hour at Hawkes Children’s Library,
100 W 8th St, West Point, GA 31833 will be on Friday’s from 10:30 – 11:30. Themed stories, games, and crafts for three to five year olds. Many homeschool families attend! Point University students practice storytelling.
• Now – May: Hawkes Library, 100 W 8th St, West Point, GA 31833, Jr. Friends will be held on alternate Wednesday’s from 4:00 – 5:00. There will be snacks, games, and crafts featuring excellent children’s literature for elementary-aged-kids. Point University students practice lesson-planning and small group teaching.
• Georgia Forestry Commission has started its 2015 Seedling Sales. You may see what we have on our Seedling Inventory by going to our website at www.gatress.org. All sales are done first come first serve basis. You may order your seedlings now and they will arrive by Tree Planting Season, December 15, 2015 through March 1, 2016. All the information to order seedling is on our website at www.gatress.org or you may call our office at 706-845-4122 for more information.
• AA Meeting times at Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall Street, LaGrange. Saturday-8 am, 10:30 a.m. (Women’s), 1 p.m., 7 p.m.; Sunday- 10 a.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Monday & Friday- Noon, 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Wednesday-also has a 8 a.m. meeting. For additional information please call, 706-884-6993
• Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4 p.m. at the Active Life Senior Center, 140 Ragland Street, La-Grange, GA. Beginners or advanced are welcome. Open to all adults, 55 and over. For additional information contact Donna Bailey 706-884-6998.
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Beginner Ballroom Dance Lessons at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street at 7:00pm. $80/Couple for 8 weeks. Call for more information 706-881-2734.
• Every Thursday: Bellevue Contract Bridge Game- Games will be open to the public each Thursday at Bellevue- La-Grange’s historic antebellum home. The building will open at 5:30 p.m. and play will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. Players must attend in pairs and cost is $10 per person, per month. Call 706-882-9655 for information and to sign up. Proceeds go towards the preservation of Bellevue.
• Every Thursday and Sunday: LaGrange Street Hockey League with Troup County Park and Recreation – Meet from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Looking for players to increase the size of the league and for sponsors to help with the equipment costs. For more information, contact Glenn Cunningham at 706-298-0759 or [email protected] com.
• 1st And 3rd Monday Of Each Month: Hogansville City Council meets at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall, 400 East Main Street, Hogansville, GA 30230; Phone 706-637-8629.
• 1st And 3rd Tuesday Of Each Month: Troup County Commission meetings are held at 9:00 a.m. at the Troup County Government Center with the work session being the Friday preceding.
• 2nd Thursday of Each Month: Memory Support Group-5:00 p.m. at Vernon Woods Retirement Community.
• 3rd Monday Of Each Month: Honey Bee Keepers meeting is at 7 p.m. at the 4-H Agricultural Building, Vulcan Road/U.S. Highway 27. Call 706-882-2493 or UGA Ext. 706-883-1675 for more information.
• 3rd Thursday Of Each Month: LaGrange Troup Co. Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 4PM at1600 Vernon Rd. Anyone who has an interest in Parkinson’s Disease is invited to attend these informative meetings. For more information, call 706-837-0805.
• 3rd Thursday Of Each Month: City of Hogansville, Town Hall Meetings-To improve communications between the citizens of Hogansville and City government, Town Hall Meetings will now be held. Questions, comments or concerns directed to the Mayor and Council as well as the City Administration may be addressed with prior request submission. If you have a question or would like to speak at any of these meetings, you must fill out a Speakers Request Form, fill it out and return it to City Hall no later than three full business days before the requested meeting. The start time is 6:00 p.m. This schedule may need to be adjusted as the needs of the City are addressed. Location: City Council Chambers at City Hall, 400 East Main Street, Hogansville, GA 30230; Phone 706-637-8629.
• 3rd Thursday Of Each Month: Veteran’s Job Club will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the LaGrange Career Center, 1002 Longley Place, LaGrange. Meetings cover: Networking with fellow veterans, job leads, employer visits, community resource information and resume assistance. Please call Gary Smith or Theresa Choice at 706-845-4000 for scheduling.
• 3rd Saturday Of Each Month: The Active Life-LaGrange GA Dancing! Presenting Jimmy Smith & “New River Band.” For adults of all ages. Admission $5.00. From 7PM – 10PM at Wellness Center located at 140 Ragland Street.
• 4th Tuesday of Each Month: American Legion/Veterans meeting at The Active Life Wellness Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA 30241 at 6p.m., Jeff Hewitt 706-8851368. All veterans welcome!