Monday October 31st
• November 1st: LSO presents FIRE – If Music be the Food of Love on Tuesday, November 1, 7:30 PM. LaGrange Symphony Orchestra presents FIRE – If Music be the Food of Love. This concert, in honor of the 400th anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare features music by Elgar, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev and Leonard Bernstein. It will include on-stage readings from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and libretto of West Side Story. 706-882-0662, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lagrangesymphony.org.
• November 3rd: Thursday Lunch Club will be held on November 3, 2016 at noon at the Fellowship Hall at the First United Methodist Church, 401 Broad Street, LaGrange. Cost is $6 per person. You are in for a special treat with Dan McMichael who does reeanctments by storyteller and will portray Major General Nathanael Greene. For reservations for the meal and program call 706-884-4635 or email the church at churchoffice @lagrangefumc.org.
• November 5th: World Class Deer Mount Displays at Oakside. Trophies of Grace from NW FL will showcase their collection of world class whitetail deer mounts on November 5 at 5:30 pm. The Sportsmen’s event is free and will feature a bbq dinner, great door prizes, and ventriloquist/comedian/speaker Derek Farr from Roanoke. Five local churches are hosting the event at Oakside’s gym at 1921 Hamilton Road across from Troup High School. FREE event. Call to register – 706-882-7728.
• November 5, 9:00 AM: Steeplechase at Callaway Gardens. Now in its 31st year, this can’t-miss Fall tradition features thoroughbred horses jumping and racing against the backdrop of beautiful Pine Mountain Ridge. www.callawaygardens.com
• November 6th: Jim Porter, founder of Trophies of Grace, was a US Air Force Pilot. Founder & owner of Old South Properties in Pensacola, FL, the business is now run by his sons Scott & Mark. They also operate the Men’s Barn Meeting, which feeds a free steak dinner to 300 – 500 men every month. Speakers come from around the country to tell their personal experiences of God’s grace. Jim will share amazing stories of Air Force action at Oakside Baptist on Sunday November 6 at 10:45 am, the Sunday before Veterans’ Day.
• November 14th: An AARP Drivers Safety class will be held on November 14th at the Grantville Library from 10:30 to 4:30. The class will review the new rules of the road and also cover new Georgia State driving laws. The class is open to ALL ages and you do not have to be anAARPmember to attend. Class completion could save you $$$$ on your car insurance!! Class cost are $15 for AARP members and $20 for non members. To register call 770-683-0535. Class size is limited so call today!
• November 14 – November 16: Fall Conference: From Nazareth to Bethlehem. An update on recent excavations and research related to places in the Christmas narratives such as Nazareth, Bethlehem, Ein Karem, Egypt and Herod’s palaces in Jerusalem. Also will include lessons to be learned from major characters including Joseph, Mary, Elizabeth, Zachariah, the shepherds and the Magi. Biblical History Center, 130 Gordon Commercial Drive, LaGrange, $90, reservations required – 706-885-0363 or email email@example.com, BiblicalHistoryCenter. com
• November 14, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM: LaGrange Symphony Youth Orchestra Fall Concert. Fall concert of the LaGrange Symphony Youth Orchestra, String Ensemble, and Strings Attached musicians. Callaway Auditorium on the campus of LaGrange College. Raylene Carter, Executive Director, 706882-0662,firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult tickets are $5.00. Students over 13 are $2.00. Children 12 and under are free.www.lagrangesymphony.org
• November 18, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Candlelight Holiday Sip & Shop. Downtown LaGrange merchants usher in the Holiday season with this festive event. Get a jump on your holiday shopping! Enjoy extended shop hours, special sales & complimentary gift wrap. Shops of Historic Downtown LaGrange, For a $25 charitable donation, you will receive a commemorative wine glass and may sample a variety of wines. Public is invited to attend. Barbie Watts 706-298-4534, barbiew@downtownlagrange. com,www.downtownlagrange.com
• November 19, 8:00 AM: The Labor Pain Run/Connect Race. 5K, 10K and 1 mile Connect Race, Lafayette Square, LaGrange. Contact Information: Michelle Thompson 706-884-3833.