Monday January 2nd
• January 9th:AnAARPSafety Driving Class will be held at the Grantville Library on January 9th from 10:30 to 4:30PM. The class will refresh your driving skills and review the new rules of the road. The class is open to All ages. Class costs are $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. To register call 770-683-0535. Call today, the class size is limited. All participants please bring your driver’s license, AARP card if member, and a brown bag lunch. Refresh your Driving.
• January 13th: The monthly Ballroom Dance will be held on Friday, January 13, at 8 p.m. at The Active Life Wellness Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA. Admission is $20 per couple. Snacks and finger foods are welcome – not mandatory. Come enjoy waltz, swing, slow dance, foxtrot, cha-cha, tango, samba, quick step, polka and more! The Mike Skipper Band will be playing. This event is open to Adults of all Ages!
• January 14th: “Game On” Baseball Winter Pitching Camp will be held on Saturday, January 14. 9:00 am – 12:00 pm for ages 7-12 and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm for ages 13-18. The Cost is $60 or $50 for Game On Members. Camp instructors will be either current or former college or professional players as well as the Game On Staff. Camps will be held at the Game On Indoor facility 100 Southern Drive, LaGrange. The lead instructor will be announced soon. We have limited spots available for each camp session so that we can maintain a low player-coach ratio. Therefore if you plan on attending camp please Call Coach Donnie Branch at 706-302-5973 or email [email protected] Or call Shannon Snyder at 706-302-1616 Please contact us 1 week in advance of the camp/ camps you plan on attending. This will reserve your spot. You can pay by cash or check(payable to Game On) on the day of the camp.
• January 30th: The LaGrange Police Department will be hosting a public training event on Monday, January 30, 2017 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the LaGrange Police Department Training Center at 376 Aerotron Parkway. The topic will be ‘Civilian Response to Active Shooter Event’, C.R.A.S.E. Training. This training will help you prepare, if you find yourself involved in any type of active threat event where you or another person’s life if in danger. In today’s world this is very important to have and is offered free of charge. Reservations are required so please RSVP at [email protected].
• Now – July 2017: Pasaquan Works on Paper by Eddie Owens Martin. Regular Museum Hours: Tuesday-Friday 95PM and Every Third Saturday from 1-4PM. The LaGrange Art Museum is partnering with Columbus State University and the Kohler Foundation for the fall Opening of Pasaquan, a seven-acre art environment consisting of six major structures, more than 900 feet of painted masonry fence, painted totems, decorative walkways, sculptures, and other art and artifacts. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is considered among the most important visionary art environments in the United States. “One of the top 16 places to see in the US in 2016.” – CNN. LaGrange Art Museum, Free for Troup County Residents, Non-Residents $10 donation Call 706-882-3267, email [email protected], www. lagrangeartmuseum. org
• AA Meeting times at Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall Street, LaGrange. Saturday-8 am, 10:30 a.m. (Women’s), 1 p.m., 7 p.m.; Sunday- 10 a.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Monday & Friday-Noon, 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Wednesday-also has a 8 a.m. meeting. For additional information please call, 706-884-6993.
• Every Monday: The Optimist Club of LaGrange meets for lunch every Monday at noon at the Mike Daniel Recreation Center. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members! For more information contact Natalie Phillips, (706) 883-6138.
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• Every Tuesday: LaGrange Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members!
• Every Tuesday & Wednesday: No matter what your problem with food- compulsive undereating, overeating, undereating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, purging by vomiting or laxative use, or overexercising. There is a solution. You are not alone anymore!!! The meetings has no cost or dues. It will take place at First Baptist on the Square Church Street on Tuesday at 7:15 pm and Wednesday at 1 pm. For information call: 706-884-9925