October 29: Troup County Branch NAACP – Annual Freedom Fund & Honor Banquet. Sunday at 6:00pm at the Del’Avant Event Center 141 Main Street LaGrange, GA. Speaker: Rev. Dr. RL White. Tickets: $25.00 per person… Purchase 10 tickets, you can reserve a table with your name on it1 Contact person: Ernest Ward-706302.0345.
• November 7th: Lunch and Learn Series! Join the Troup County Master Gardeners on a Free Horicultural Adventure on November 7 with 2 and 4 Cycle Engine Maintenance, Brian Maddy. Every first Tuesday of every month. Bring your own lunch, 12 – 1 pm at the LaGrange Memorial Library, 115 Alford Street, LaGrange. For more information call 706-882-7784.
• November 20th: The WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board of Trustees meets routinely on the third Monday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board Room.
• December18th: The WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board of Trustees meets routinely on the third Monday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the WellStar West Georgia Medical Center Board Room.
• Now – July 2017: Pasaquan Works on Paper by Eddie Owens Martin. Regular Museum Hours: Tuesday-Friday 9-5PM and Every Third Saturday from 1-4PM. The La-Grange Art Museum is partnering with Columbus State University and the Kohler Foundation for the fall Opening of Pasaquan, a seven-acre art environment consisting of six major structures, more than 900 feet of painted masonry fence, painted totems, decorative walkways, sculptures, and other art and artifacts. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is considered among the most important visionary art environments in the United States. “One of the top 16 places to see in the US in 2016.” – CNN. LaGrange Art Museum, Free for Troup County Residents, Non-Residents $10 donation Call 706882-3267, email email@example.com, www.lagrangeartmuseum. org
• AA Meeting times at Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall Street, LaGrange. Saturday-8 am, 10:30 a.m. ( Women’s), 1 p.m., 7 p.m.; Sunday- 10 a.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Monday & Friday- Noon, 6 p.m., 8 p.m.; Wednesday-also has a 8 a.m. meeting. For additional information please call, 706884-6993.
• Every Monday: The Optimist Club of LaGrange meets for lunch every Monday at noon at the Mike Daniel Recreation Center. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members! For more information contact Natalie Phillips, (706) 883-6138.
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• Every Tuesday: LaGrange Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members!
• Every Tuesday & Wednesday: No matter what your problem with food- compulsive undereating, overeating, undereating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, purging by vomiting or laxative use, or overexercising. There is a solution. You are not alone anymore!!! The meetings has no cost or dues. It will take place at First Baptist on the Square Church Street on Tuesday at 7:15 pm and Wednesday at 1 pm. For information call: 706884-9925
• Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4 p.m. at the Active Life Senior Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA. Beginners or advanced are welcome. Open to all adults, 55 and over. For additional information contact Donna Bailey 706-884-6998.
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about.