• December 7; 9:00 – 12:00 LaGrange Woman’s Club Presents Breakfast with Santa Admission is $10 for children 3-8 will include a pancake breakfast, craft activity, digital picture with Santa, and a Christmas book and story in cooperation with Sucess by Six. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Adults may have breakfast for $5. Reservations are required and payment made at that time. Reservations may be made at Bellevue, 204 Ben Hill St. Bellevue’s number is 706882-1832. Cut off date for reservations and payment is December 3. Payment is cash or check.
• December 8; 5:00 Troup County Community Choir Presents their 14th Annual Christmas Contata Along with First Baptist Church Choir “Jesus Is The Reason” First Baptist Church Dr. Clarence Sams, Pastor 204 Fannin St.
LaGrange, GA 30240
• The LaGrange Toastmasters Club meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at the LaGrange Campus of West Georgia Technical College in the Troup Room. We welcome visitors. The club is a way for members to develop their public speaking skills and leadership talent in a non-judgmental and supportive environment.
•Did you know that approximately 46 percent of households in LaGrange are comprised of boys being raised without a father? At Truth in Nature, by using the outdoors and Christian mentoring, we can help provide a free solution for the fatherless boys (grades 6th 12th) in our area. The LaGrange Chapter of Truth in Nature is now accepting applications. For more information contact Jeff Benefield @ 706.616.8732or [email protected] Check us out at truthinnature.org or find us on Facebook (Truth in Nature).
• Rotary Club – Interested in community service, personal development and camaraderie? Join a worldwide fellowship by being our guest at the Rotary Club of LaGrange. We meet each Wednesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. Call membership chair Chase Hall at 706.302.1486, or president Susan Ferguson at 706.333.2303 for more information.
• Does Food Control Your Life? Do you overeat, binge, purge, or undereat?
Do you worry about the way you eat?
STOP hurting yourself with food. There is a solution. Meet with others at Support Group.
Mondays at 7:15 and Wednesdays at 1:00 First Baptist Church, Church Street Phone: 706-594-7145
• Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about.
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• The “Movers and Shakers” Line Dance class will be held at Springfield Baptist Church / Hogansville, GA on Mondays at 6pm to 7pm. Class is free.
• The Optimist Club of LaGrange meets for lunch every Monday at noon at the Mike Daniel Recreation Center. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members! For more information contact Natalie Phillips, (706) 883-6138.
• Every Tuesday:LaGrange Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members!
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m.
Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Celebrate Recovery (a self help program for anyone with hurts, habits, hangups). Join us every Thursday evening… dinner served 6pm, if you wish, followed by program 6:308pm. Held in the First Baptist Church on the Square’s Family Life Center Chapel. Enter where you see the black canopy on Church St. For additional information, call First Baptist Church office at (706) 884-5631.
• Every Tuesday & Wednesday: No matter what your problem with food, compulsive undereating, overeating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, purging by vomiting or laxative use, or overexercising. There is a solution. You are not alone anymore!!! The meetings has no cost or dues. It will take place at First Baptist on the Square Church Street on Tuesday at 7:15 pm and Wednesday at 1 pm. For information call: 706-884-9925.
• Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4 p.m. at the Active Life Senior Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA. Beginners or advanced are welcome. Open to all adults, 55 and over. For additional information contact Donna Bailey 706-884-6998.
• The Active Life at 140 Ragland Street offers many different types of activities for Adults 55+. Any class offered after 5:00 pm is open to Adults of All Ages Monday 1 pm Beginners Line Dance Lessons Basic lesson begins at 12:30 pm Tuesday 2:30 pm Pickle ball 5:45 pm Beginners Line Dance Lessons Basic lesson begins at 5:15 pm 7 pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons Wednesday 11:00 a.m. Beginners Line Dance Lessons 1 pm Intermediate Line Dance Lessons Thursday 1 pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons Thursday 7 pm – 8 pm Ballroom Dance lessons The cost for the lessons is $100. per couple for a 5-week session Friday 1pm Chair Volleyball 2nd Friday of the month 8 pm – 10 pm Ballroom Dance The cost is $20.00 per couple and includes a complimentary dance lesson that begins at 7 pm 3rd Saturday of the month 7 pm – 10 pm Country Music Dance The cost is $6.00 per person.
• Every 1st Saturday of the month Hands On History at Legacy Museum Troup County Archives and Legacy Museum 136 Main Street, LaGrange. Every first Saturday, families are welcome to enjoy story times, hands-on activities, or games specially designed to engage younger historians.