Halloween & COVID-19 Safety Tips
The West Point Police Department would like to wish everyone a fun and safe Halloween. The official Trick-or-Treat time for the City of West Point will be Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Please use extra caution while driving in residential areas and be alert for children and parents that may be walking along the sides of, and/or crossing the roadway.
Tips for Trick-or-Treaters:
- Make sure children wear reflective costumes or carry flashlights/glow sticks
- Check all candy and make sure to discard homemade treats and anything that is open
- Make sure to trick-or-treat in groups, use sidewalks and watch for motorists
- Wear costumes that don’t obstruct vision. Use makeup and face paint as alternatives
- Accompany young children at all times
- Tell children to only stop at homes where the outside lights are on
- Trick-or-treat while it’s still light out, if possible. If dark, choose well-lit streets
- Do not allow children to eat their treats until an adult has inspected them
For COVID-19 Safety Tips
Please make sure to avoid large gatherings, keep a distance of six feet from others, wear face coverings, wash hands often, and also wipe down all treat bags that your child collects.
Report any suspicious or criminal activity to the West Point Police Department immediately by calling 9-1-1.